Playing for the Cause is a 501(c)3 nonprofit founded in 2013 to bring musicians and fans together in local philanthropy.
+ GOALS AND CORE VALUES
- To raise awareness of community-based nonprofits throughout the music industry.
- To join recording artists and fans in a culture of giving.
- To distribute funds raised to local nonprofits chosen through grant applications and based on criteria chosen specified by touring musicians.
- In the power of positive examples.
- In the ability of music to change lives.
- In giving back.
- In change that starts at home.
- Access to nonprofit services improves lives and communities.
- The face of philanthropic giving is changing.
- Many small gifts can have as much impact as one large one.
- People connect through inspirational stories.
- Leaders who set positive examples to inspire positive change.
- The collective impact of a crowd.
- The strength of the relationship between artists and their fans, and between fans and their communities.
+ STAFF AND BOARD OF TRUSTEES
Lynn Cook, Exeuctive Director and Founder